Sign up here to
receive E-Heep in your
- Upcoming Uriah Heep live dates!
February 8 - Princess Grounds (In Palace Grounds), Bangalore, India
February 10 - The Red Tree Music Festival, MMRDA Grounds, Bandra (East),
February 12 - Indoor Tennis, Jakarta, Indonesia
February 14 - Shangri-la Ballroom, Surabaya, Indonesia
February 17 - Bec Tero Hall, Bangkok, Thailand
February 23 - Heroes of Rock Festival, St. Petersburg, Russia
February 24 - Jovtnev Palace, Kiev, Ukraine
February 25 - Opera Theatre, Kharkov, Ukraine
February 26 - Youth Palace Yunost, Donetsk, Ukraine
February 28 - Sport Palace, Odessa, Ukraine
March 01 - Regional Palace of Culture, Nikolaev, Ukraine
March 02 - Concert Hall, Yubileyniy, Ukraine
March 05 - Sport Palace Meteor, Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine
March 06 - Sport Palace, Zaporozh?ye, Ukraine
All details, tickets info, phone numbers:
- Mick Box did an interview with Planet
Rock Radio (http://www.planetrock.com)
with DJ Nicky Horne on January 28th, where he talked about his favourite
albums. Heep is getting back to the media, read the next entry...
- There's a new BBC1 TV programme called "Life On Mars"
going on. Why is this Heep-related? It featured the song "Gypsy" on its
January 23rd episode! The plot centers on a detective who is in a coma
and has been transported back in time to 1973. The story lines are
interspersed with music from the early 70's era. Thanks to Melvyn
Huntley, Geoff Rushton and Mike "The Islander" Taylor for the info.
- A very positive review on the "Chapter & Verse" boxset was published on
23.01.2006 on a German newspaper called "PNP" (Passauer Neue Presse):
(thanks to Renate Fischer of Stay On Top Fan Club).
- Some nice Heep pics from a gig in Germany (Siegen, 29.05.2004) were
published on the SOT site:
(thanks to Renate Fischer).
- Tons of amazing Uriah Heep photos available on Vinnie Lagana's website:
(Italy, Austria, England 2005).
MORE HEEP... AND RELATED!
- "The Buttefly Ball" DVD will be finally released on March 14th 2006 with
5.1 surround sound and 85 minutes of running time! Along with Roger
Glover, Ian Gillan, Eddie Hardin, David Coverdale, Glenn Hughes, Eddie
Jobson, Jon Lord and many others there's our own John Lawton, singing on
two songs (and actually "stealing the scene" at the very end of the
concert!). The concert happened more than 30 years ago, at the Royal
Albert Hall in London on October 16th 1975. Thanks to Taasan for the info.
- A t-shirt sale is now going on at John Lawton's official website (http://www.johnlawtonband.com).
These are "one offs" made in Norway, excellent quality, and are shirts and
vests that nobody else has! John would probably even sign them if people
- An interview with Gerry Bron, ex-Heep manager/producer, conducted by
Dmitry Epstein, has been just published:
- Ken Hensley's new live DVD, "Live Fire", recorded last year in Norway
with the Viking All-Stars Band, will be released very soon! The full
program will consist of the concert, some documentary footage and several
previously unpublished and very candid interviews. To see the amazing
cover art done by Rory Fiorito (who'll be responsible for the full-colour
booklet as well), please go to
- Brand new interview with Ken Hensley published on the MovimentiPROG (http://www.movimentiprog.net)
website in Italy:
(thanks to Alfio Costa). And another one just posted on the Progplanet
in Denmark, more specifically at
(thanks to Leo Christiansen).
- It's been announced that an Asia reunion to commemorate their 25th
anniversary is being planned. The four original members Steve Howe, Geoff
Downes, Carl Palmer, and John Wetton would be involved, and they would (will)
record a CD, a DVD, and tour the world. More news soon!
- A request from a Dutch keyboard player who wants to start a Heep cover
band in Holland: