Sign up here to
receive E-Heep in your
For more news go to
- Upcoming Uriah Heep live dates!
26 March - Viking Cinderella Boat, Stockholm-Mariehamm, Sweden
06 September - The Olympia, Paris, France <=== RESCHEDULED!!!
All details, tickets info, phone numbers:
- A new message from Mick Box:
"Well it is a slow start to our touring schedule this year which is
something we really did not want, as we wanted to keep the momentum going
that we had with the 2008 European Tour. To say we are disappointed that
the USA tour for the early part of 2009 did not materialise would be a
huge understatement, but our agent in Los Angeles and New York are still
pursuing all the possibilities and hopefully something will come of it.
The reaction to WTS worldwide has been terrific and better than we could
have possibly imagined, however the music business has gone through a
massive change over the last few years and with the advent of the credit
crunch it has hit the world for a six. We are confident we can weather
the storm and slowly we are putting dates in for this year as we are
staying positive and heading toward our 40th Anniversary. I am sure there
will be many exciting things ahead and we really want to hit the road and
play as many shows as we can. Thanks as always for your continued support
and you know just how much we appreciate that.
- Uriah Heep will be the featured guest on the USA nationally syndicated
radio show "Rockline" on Wednesday night February 18, 2009 at 8:30pm PT /
11:30pm ET. Fans are encouraged to call to speak with Mick Box from the
band at 1-800-344-ROCK (7625). For a station near you and for information
regarding how to log onto the Internet for the broadcast go to
. This show will be streamed for two weeks on the Rockline website
beginning the afternoon after broadcast.
- Check here a brand new photo of Mick Box with Heep's first drummer Alex
Napier, recently taken in Holmfirth, UK:
- Uriah Heep live in 1983 in Speyer, Germany:
. Thanks to Frank Scheuermann. More rarities and trivia available here:
- The new Heep Quiz will end on February 15th. It seems to be one for the
real diehard Heepsters! So far there is not one above 4.6 points (best
being Andreas Schultz). Wanna try? Here it is:
- Trivia time... Look for the rooster... and Heep!
- Authorized Uriah Heep Merchandise can be found through the following
** Uriah Heep Official Store:
** Wake the Sleeper Special Collector's Edition Artwork:
MORE HEEP... AND RELATED!
- Mick Box has begun the 2009 series of "Shirt Off My Back" Auctions with
a brand new website and a great array of prizes to be auctioned off in 3
back to back auctions beginning... Valentine's Day 14th February! Please
join us for this worthy cause, details here:
- Trevor Bolder, Heep's bass player, is now confirmed to once again join
Wishbone Ash on stage as a featured guest at their Shepherd's Bush Empire
40th Anniversary show on May 16th 2009. Trevor joined temporarily
Wishbone Ash in 1981 to record with them the album "Twin Barrels Burning"
(and play on the subsequent tour), before returning to Uriah Heep in
1983. More details here:
- A brand new book about Gary Thain, ex-Heep bass player, is now out. It
is called "Gary Thain - Meister der tiefen Toenen" ("Gary Thain - Master
of the deep tones"), and it was written by Sonja Wagner. There are 300
hand signed books (by the author), and the e-mail address to order them is
email@example.com . The price is 23,90 Euro plus post & package
3 Euro (Europe), 11 Euro (overseas, regular mail) or 18 Euro (overseas,
priority mail). Customers have to send their address, then they get the
bank details where to pay (BIC and IBAN code). Apart from that, books can
also be ordered from
http://www.amazon.de . Other details
- Also available is the stunning book "The 27s", which also features Gary
Thain prominently. There is a special discount being currently available
for e-heep subscribers. Just need to go to
http://www.the27s.com/ and use the code "thain27"
while placing an order for the book.
- The band Norway, featuring their original vocalist Glenn Pieson, have
recorded a new version of the classic Uriah Heep tune "The Wizard". The
song is available as a free download on their website:
- Both The Gods albums (featuring Ken Hensley and Lee Kerslake) will be
released in limited edition papersleeve format by EMI Music Japan on April
22nd this year: "Genesis" (1968) TOCP-70739 and "To Samuel A Son" (1969)
TOCP-70740. Thanks to Taasan for the info.
- Ken Hensley was recently interviewed by Simon Barrett on BlogTalkRadio.
Click here to listen to it:
. By the way, more live dates have been just announced on his website:
- The John Lawton gigs in Brazil are about to start, click here for more
. The concerts will happen in São Paulo (Feb 12), Fortaleza (Feb 14), Rio
de Janeiro (Feb 15) and Brasilia (Feb 16).
- On the latest issue of "Classic Rock Magazine" in the UK, Lucifer's
Friend's "Ride The Sky" (featuring John Lawton) was included on their
"Classic Rock Jukebox" feature: "If you like classic Purple, Rainbow or
Heep, then you'll love this, the opening track on Lucifer's Friend's
self-titled (and recently reissued) debut from '70 with John Lawton (later
of Heep) on vox". Thanks to Mike Taylor for the info.
- A new Moonstone Project album is coming in Spring 2009, called "Rebel On
The Run". It features guests like Ken Hensley (ex-Uriah Heep), Glenn
Hughes (ex-Deep Purple, Trapeze, Black Sabbath), Ian Paice (Deep Purple),
Clive Bunker (ex-Jethro Tull), and more. Details here: