Sign up here to
receive E-Heep in your
- Upcoming Uriah Heep live dates!
May 11 - Market Square Festival, Lovech, Bulgaria
May 19 - Oddablues, Odda, Norway
May 20 - Classic Rock Festival, Sandnes, Norway
May 23 - TBA, Varna, Bulgaria
May 24 - TBA, Sofia, Bulgaria
May 25 - Silja Rock Boat Ride, Helsinki-Stockholm, Finland-Sweden
June 2 - Superrally'06, Vinstra, Norway
June 9 - Arrow Classic Rock Festival, Lichtenvoorde, Holland
June 25 - Festival, Lublin, Poland
July 1 - Festival, Unterempfenbach, Germany
July 7 - Legends Of Rock Open Air, Wiesen, Austria
July 8/9 - Rock Sound Festival, Huttwil, Switzerland
July 15 - Rockperry Festival, Vassa, Finland
July 29 - Rock Of Ages Festival, Rotenburg am Necker, Seebronn nr
July 30 - Roots Rock Festival, Nidrum, Belgium
September 9 - Soccer Stadium, Haviov, Czech Republic
TBA - "to be announced"
All details, tickets info, phone numbers:
- The impressive line up for the Arrow
Classic Rock Festival (June 8-10 2006) includes Wishbone Ash, Blackfoot,
Ted Nugent, Whitesnake, Status Quo, Deep Purple, John Waite, George
Thorogood, Journey, Ray Davies, Def Leppard, Roger Waters, Pavlov?s Dog,
Porcupine Tree, Dio, Queensr?he and... Uriah Heep!
- To watch Uriah Heep featured on German TV on March 23rd 2006 click here:
. The crash of Mick Box's acoustic guitar was not shown, but you can hear
in the background the ?bang? when the guitar fell to the floor!
- Available all over the place at the international record fair this
weekend (the biggest in Europe) a lot of Uriah Heep stuff distributed by
Classic Rock Direct. Heep's name was therefore showcased in every DVD
selling stand, as well as picture disc versions of "Demons And Wizards", "Very
'Eavy... Very 'Umble" and "Salisbury". For the picture discs surf to
http://www.abraxasrecords.com/select.asp and select Uriah Heep.
- Revolver Magazine (Netherlands) is going to publish a 4-page feature on
the band on their June issue. That's a huge promotion towards Heep's
appearance on Arrow Rock. Robert Haagsma will talk to members of the band
later this month. More details at
- Video excerpts from various points in Heep's history can be seen here:
. Some well known, others pretty rare...
- Never before published pictures from Heep in 1973 Live in Amsterdam, by
photographer Leen Boere:
- Uriah Heep story in German at
- the 4th part. Written by Norbert von Fransecky.
- You can now buy these neat Heep car stickers:
- A review of the "Chapter & Verse" 6-CD boxset can be found at the
webzine The Sentinel:
- section "Discos", in Spanish.
- Uriah Heep on the ?Bang your Head Festival - The Best of? - 2 DVD
Edition! The ?Bang Your Head Festival? is one of the biggest and most
important heavy metal/hard rock events in Germany. On March 16th 2006 e-m-s
music GmbH released a double DVD with the top acts of the festival from
2001 to 2005. Heep are represented on it with ?Bird of Prey? (from the
festival in 2001)! More info at the follow websites:
Thanks to Renate Fischer of Stay On Top
Heep German Fan Club for the info.
- On the latest issue (#237, April 2006) of the Brazilian Rock Brigade
there's a 3-page article about the recent expanded reissues that Sanctuary
Records have been releasing, including a special box describing all the
details about the Uriah Heep new remasters.
- Brazilian classic rock radio station Kiss FM has been playing Heep's
"Fallen Angel". Let's ask them to play more Heep:
. Thanks to Antonio Pirani for the info.
- Cover versions: Evert Achterberg is always searching for new cover
versions of Heep songs, and found some new ones: at
a minute "Lady in Black" by Black Satin, a German band. Arakain (Czech)
also did a minute Czech version of "Lady in Black" ("Slecna zavist"). A
"Stealin'" demo version can be found here:
- The US Heepvention will take place in Perrysburg, OH this year, some
time between the end of July and the beginning or August. More details
MORE HEEP... AND RELATED!
- The launch of the revamped Mick Box website, including prizes... at
- Phil Lanzon caught with The Sweet in Russia:
- Trevor Bolder live with Spiders From Mars in 1996:
. They did some editing, but it's still interesting to see Trevor play
with The Spiders.
- Interviews with Lee Kerslake & Chris Slade at
(in German). Chris talks openly about his time with Heep.
- Ken Hensley's new auto-biography, "When Too Many Dreams Come True", can
be ordered now! The 15 chapters and other contributions cover more than
150 pages and the book also includes many rare and previously unpublished
photos. Shipping will begin on May 17th, but you can already order it at
(go to the "CD Store"). Also, a new auction is happening now at Ken's
website and this time it's a rare and completely unique piece of
memorabilia: a guitar built by hand by Boris Dommenget for Ken in 1993.
Hurry to the site and place your bid. Finally, new tour dates have been
just announced for the second half of the year in Europe, and there's a
new promotion going on the CD Store for all items.
- Ken Hensley just returned from Berlin where he joined the recordings of
the TV show "Hit-Giganten" (Hit Giants) that happened on March 30th. Toto,
Ritchie Blackmore, Scorpions, Fish, John Miles and others were also there.
It will be broadcast throughout on the SAT1 channel on May 31st in prime
- John Lawton will be "special guest" with BTR in London on Sunday May
21st 2006. More details on John's website:
- The John Lawton Story in German, as written by Ralf Sch?emann, is now
online! This John Lawton Story should be a supplement to the numerous
know discographies and biographies about John Lawton. The purpose is to
give a comprehensive overview about John Lawton?s musical creation,
including less known or forgotten projects. You can find this special
. Thanks to Renate Fischer and Ralf Sch?emann.
- "The Butterfly Ball" DVD (feat. John Lawton) release news:
- The albums "Weed" (by Weed, featuring Ken Hensley), "Orgasm" (by Head
Machine, featuring Lee Kerslake and Ken Hensley) and "Rough Diamond" (by
Rough Diamond, featuring David Byron) are now officially released by
Hurricane Records in Germany:
- Some of you surely know Alan Keetley, a dedicated Heepster from the UK
who helped with the organisation of 2000's Heepvention in the UK amongst
other things. His wife Margaret Davies is releasing a book on her son
Steve's life and untimely death, "For The Love Of My Son". It will be
published worldwide on September 25th. Published by Hodder and Stoughton
ltd ISBN number 034089900x. Also Amazon.com have it on pre-order:
. For you all willing to buy and read the book, it has taken an awful lot
out of Margaret and Alan to do it, but it will stand as a legacy for
Steve's children, which is what they hoped to achieve.