Sign up here to
receive E-Heep in your
URIAH HEEP http://www.uriah-heep.com
- Upcoming Uriah Heep live dates!
27 March - Petofi Hall, Budapest, Hungary
28 March - Divadlo Arena, Bratislava, Slovakia
18 July - Bikefestival, Sumiswald, Switzerland
All details, tickets info, phone numbers:
- Read on the following link the story about "The Wizard", not the song
itself but the fire chief: http://www.newstimes.com/danbury/ci_8351536?source=rss
(thanks to Jay Pearson for the link).
- The latest "Classic Rock" mag in the UK has a great 37-page article on "Britrock"
where it splits the UK into regions and gets rock musos from that area to
discuss the local well known bands/artists. For the North West Paul
Rodgers and Trevor Bolder talk about bands like The Animals, Def Leppard
and David Coverdale (Rodgers also gets to talk about Trevor). At the
bottom of the page there is a foot note: "Uriah Heep's new album Wake the
Sleeper is scheduled for release in late May". For the South and London
Francis Rossi (Status Quo) gets to talk about Deep Purple, David Bowie and
Eric Clapton amongst others and about Uriah Heep he says: "(...) They've
made a new album (Wake The Sleeper) and it's very, very good". The article
finishes with a list of the 65 best British Songs: #62 for "Salisbury"!
Thanks to Mike Taylor for the info.
- New "GroundHog Day" pictures by Mick Box are up now - Greece,
Scandinavia, Finland, Holland and more: http://www.uriah-heep.com/Mickpics/groundhogday/indexmp.php
- Thanks to Iain Barnes, Mike Taylor, Hilco Arendshorst, Simone Parisi and
Tapio Minkkinen, we now have this Uriah Heep Tour Books page available:
http://www.rentrock.nl/fotoboek/tourbooks/tourbooks.htm (click on each
picture to check that specific tour book). The 1985 tour book is still
missing, and maybe some others too… Anyone?
- Thanks to Hilco Arendshorst you can check some great rare articles and
pictures from 70's German, Dutch and British magazines up at http://www.rentrock.nl/fotoboek/
. More specifically: http://www.rentrock.nl/fotoboek/70ths%20photos%20&%20articles%20part%203%20thanks%20to%20Hilco%20Arendshorst/album/index.html
- Please help The Heep to make it to the renowned Arrow Rock festival!
Just go to http://www.arrowrockfestival.nl and vote in the poll asking for
your favourite band to enter the Arrow stages at this year's edition. Heep
was on the bill in 2003 and 2006, both times very successful! For English:
- Heep in the news in Romania: http://www.nineoclock.ro/index.php?page=detalii&categorie=culture&id=20080225-505368
. Although the current lineup is together since last year and not 1986, as
we know! Thanks to Jay Pearson for the link.
- A cool interview with Roger Dean where he discusses the Heep covers he
has done in the past: http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/Interviews/08/RogerDean08.htm
(thanks to Barry Hoffman for the link).
- Uriah Heep in Web-Radio: on 15 March 2008 the webradio “SQRR“ in Germany
will present a 2-hour Uriah Heep special. The link to listen to it is
here: http://www.sqrr.de/ . Thanks to Ralf Schünemann of SOT.
MORE HEEP... AND RELATED!
- Breaking news: the last recordings with David Byron just released! "That
Was Only Yesterday - The Last EP" represents the final unreleased, unheard
songs known to exist. With a band comprised of drummer Neil Conteh
(Jagger, Bowie), bassist Alan Spenner (Joe Cocker, Roxy Music), guitarist
Tim Renwick (Elton John, Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd), keyboardist John
"Rabbit" Bundrick (Free, Roger Waters, The Who), along with the Chanter
Sisters doing backing vocals, an excellent group of musicians were
assembled. In February 1984 at Power Plant Studios, London three tracks
were recorded. Order your copy now at http://www.travellersintime.com and
http://www.david-byron.com/ (click on the promo photos and you'll go to
the order form, or directly: http://www.travellersintime.com/byronorderpage.html
). Order your copy now... Limited edition and quantity available! The
first 250 orders receive a free 11" X 17" commemorative poster.
- Heepvention 2008 news! The song announcements and selections for the
Heepvention 2008 Heepsters Jam Band in Spain will be posted April 1st (no
kidding! ;-) so be sure you have confirmed your bookings for the event to
be included in the song selection. See http://www.heepvention2008.com/ for
additional details. Also, a great contest is being planned for Heepvention
as well - stay tuned for details!
- New live dates just announced at the Ken Hensley website: http://www.ken-hensley.com
(click on "Tour Dates"), and there's more to come! Also, the release date
for the DVD "Blood On The Highway - Live at Fabrik" is May 2nd (it will
also be available in the Blu-Ray format).
- Wanna listen to some Uriah Heep in the southern Brazil area? So check
the gig tomorrow featuring the band CODA ( http://www.bandacoda.com.br )
at the Bar Drakkar ( http://www.bardrakkar.com.br ), in Florianópolis,