Sign up here to
receive E-Heep in your
For more news go to
- Upcoming Uriah Heep live dates!
04 December - Club 22, Athens, Greece (1-hour acoustic gig)
13 December - Hala Tivoli, Ljubljana, Slovenia
05 April - The Olympia, Paris, France
All details, tickets info, phone numbers:
- Over 1,500 names from 49 countries were
submitted in our "Wake The Sleeper Holiday Give-a-Way" contest... We
listed them in our database in the order they were received and used a
random number generator 10 times to choose 10 numbers within the 1,500...
Congratulations to the winners! You can see the complete list on the main
page of the official site:
. Your signed copy of "Wake The Sleeper" will be in the post as soon as
- Recent interviews with Mick Box and Phil Lanzon made by Kevin Julie can
now be found at the Universal Wheels website:
. Another one with Mick by Jeff Muendel can be read at the Maximum Ink
- The huge Sweden Rock Festival, happening in S?vesborg, Sweden, next year
between 3 and 6 June, announces Uriah Heep in their cast. For more
details please visit their website:
- The "Hush" magazine in Spain published an 8-page article on Heep on
their #32 issue. Thanks to Carlos Fernandez for the info.
- Classic Rock Magazine's journalist Dave Ling wrote on his own website
about the 23 November gig at the London Astoria:
(scroll down for day 24 Nov). He also mentioned on the same diary that he
chose his 2008 Top 20 albums for the "Classic Rock" mag, and Heep's "Wake
The Sleeper" was his #4 (check day 11 Nov). Thanks to Mike "The Islander"
Taylor for the info.
- Reports and photos from the recent UK tour:
*** 17 November in York (by Dave Slowey and John Hall):
*** 21 November in Holmfirth (by Dougie Walsh and John Hall):
*** 23 November in London:
(by Mike Taylor) and
(by Miguel Freitas of Rock Brigade magazine).
*** Holmfirth and London - November 2008 (by Marije Essink):
- Reviews, photos and short videos from the 09 November gig in Milan,
(thanks to Simone Parisi) and
(thanks to Luca Pittalis).
- All photos from the recent concerts in Holland and Belgium are gathered
- Review and photos from the 10 October gig in Berlin:
(thanks to Norbert von Fransecky from the "Musik an sich" site).
- Read Mick Box's Tour report here:
- The "Sonic Origami" album, released on CD in 1998, it will be finally
released on LP format (limited edition) in 2009 by Night Of The Vinyl Dead:
- 95 of Bill Parsons' photos
are now in the "Pigarazzi Room" on The KSHE 95 Radio Museum, accessible
. Amongst the photos, lots from Uriah Heep concerts in the 70s, some of
which were used on official releases such as Uriah Heep's "Chapter &
Verse" boxset and Ken Hensley's "Anthology" CD.
- Very old pics of Heep in 1972 can be
(thanks to Alan Keetley). Some old Heep's oldest live colour pics (Rimini,
Italy 1971) can be seen here:
. Finally, some great 1975 live pics from Germany can be seen here:
- A "new" Uriah Heep compilation CD has been released. The good thing is
that the cover presents the current lineup, check it out here:
- Trivia time... "Heavy Metal Backlash: 'Controversial' albums" -
Featuring Uriah Heep's "Salisbury" (beware: satire!)
- "Wake The Sleeper" press & fans reviews
- updated all the time:
** Press reviews:
** Fans reviews:
- Authorized Uriah Heep Merchandise can
be found through the following links:
** Uriah Heep Official Store:
** Wake the Sleeper Special Collector?s
MORE HEEP... AND RELATED!
- The OTR band, featuring John Lawton on lead vocals, has announced their
new MySpace page:
. Samples of songs from their debut CD "Mamonama" can be heard there.
Tons of (very positive) reviews can be read at the official site:
(click on "Mamonama" and then on "Reviews"). The album can be purchased
- New John Lawton shows in Bulgaria in December just announced! Check
them out on
(click on "tourdates"). The "unplugged" shows will be in Sofia, Veliko
Tarnovo and Varna, on 10, 11 and 18 December. John is also currently
preparing for a travel documentary of Bulgarian towns & cities, shown on
Bulgarian TV. First stop will be Bourgas on the Black Sea on 6. December,
followed by the resorts of Tsarevo, Primorsko and Sozopol. This is
planned as a series, reporting first of all on Bulgarian winter resorts.
It will be continued in the Summer of 2009 featuring Bulgarian Summer
- Do you have pictures of Gary Thain? Are they not added here -
? Please send yours to email@example.com and we'll add yours to that
page. Let's make it the most complete Gary Thain photo page ever done...
for very special and rare Classic Heep material. You can become a "follower"
of the blog, and you'll receive new entries in your mailbox if you do...
Do you have special stuff you'd like to share with us there? Then please
contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- A brand new interview with Ken Hensley, made by Kevin Julie, was just
posted on Universal Wheels, click here to read it
. On Ken's website (
) there's also a lot of new updates: a personal message from Ken with some
updates on new recordings, plus his tour reports and pics.
- ProgArchives, one of the main progressive rock databases on the
Internet, has just debuted a section dedicated to Ken Hensley. Check it
out here and review/rank Ken's albums:
. Thanks to Jose Alberto Mu?z Flores for the info.
- Robin George, guitar player and songwriter who has played with David
Byron in the Byron Band, will be releasing a new charity album soon as
part of his LovePower and Peace Charity Campaign. A Christmas song
called "Make Love Not War" is now available for download, and the CD will
be available soon, featuring David Byron, Ken Hensley, John Wetton and
Peter Goalby, amongst many more. More details here:
- Jeb Wright, who has done many interviews with Uriah Heep for the
"Classic Rock Revisited" website, has released his first book. The 2nd
book due out in Spring will feature Uriah Heep but until then enjoy this
collection dedicated to "Stadium Rock", with interviews with
Sammy Hagar, Paul Rodgers, Ted Nugent, Joe Perry, Steve
Perry, Kansas, REO Speedwagon and more:
. The book cover was done by Ioannis, the same artist who's done Heep's
"Wake The Sleeper" cover and booklet artwork.