Sign up here to
receive E-Heep in your
- Upcoming Uriah Heep live dates!
==>> December 5 - Audi Zentrumn, Flensburg, Germany (acoustic gig) <<==
December 6 - Alte Oper, Erfurt, Germany (acoustic gig)
December 7 - Michaeliskirche, Leipzig, Germany (acoustic gig)
December 8 - Passionskirche, Berlin, Germany (acoustic gig)
December 10 - Zur Linde, Affalter, Germany (electric gig)
December 11 - Stadtgarten, Bunde, Germany (electric gig)
December 12 - Stadthalle, Deggendorf, Germany (acoustic gig)
December 13 - Carl Orff Saal, Munich/Gasteig, Germany (acoustic gig)
December 15 - Scala, Ludwigsburg, Germany (acoustic gig)
December 16 - Kulturhaus Ambach, Gotzis, Austria (acoustic gig)
December 17 - Konzerthaus, Ravensburg, Germany (acoustic gig)
December 18 - Z7, Pratteln, Switzerland (electric gig)
January 21 - TBA, Greece
January 22 - TBA, Greece
February 18th - March 8 2005 - Russia Tour
All details, links, etc.:
German Tour info:
- The German acoustic Heep tour has started! After a successful first gig
on Thursday, Bernie Shaw had some problems with his voice due to a cold,
and so unfortunately the concerts originally scheduled to happen last
Friday and yesterday had to be cancelled. The good news is that after
some rest Bernie is recovering and the tour will go on! Even better,
yesterday's gig was rescheduled to take place TODAY, Sunday December 5th,
at the same venue, Audi Zentrum, in Flensburg, Germany. For the remaining
concerts everything is confirmed!
- The first photos from the German acoustic tour are already available
(Soest, Germany, Dec 2nd 2004).
- Mick Box and Bernie Shaw played 3 songs at the opening of Munich's Rock
on November 30th, last Tuesday. Follow this link to see Mick and Bernie
on the video:
- Now on German TV (after the band's appearance last week), a commercial
for "The Ultimate Anthology" CD! The Heep is back... (thanks to Manfred
Blank for the news).
- Christmas tip: "Between Two Worlds", the amazing record of Uriah Heep
live in concert at the Magician?s Birthday Party 2004. Order "Between Two
Worlds" by 31st December 2004 and get a free Uriah Heep T-Shirt from
Classic Rock Direct:
MORE HEEP... AND RELATED!
- The local paper in Victoria, BC (Canada), the "Times Colonist", is
running a joke piece to contrast with CBC's "Greatest Canadians" event -
the TC piece is called "Greatest Canadians you've never heard of". Bernie
Shaw's picture was featured along with the comment that he is unknown here
but "revered" in Europe! Thanks to Graham Howe for this bit of Heep
- As reported before, the Ken Hensley Band will be playing in Mexico in
March at the Baja Prog Festival in Mexicali and probably also in Mexico
City. The current plans also include some gigs in the USA around the same
time, so if you know any club owners, local promoters or someone who may
be able to help organising something, please let us know! Your help and
support can make the difference...
- The "Free Me" Maxi Single CDs are being shipped now, so hopefully
they'll arrive in time for Christmas for most of the people who already
ordered it. As mentioned, the first 100 orders made through the website (http://www.ken-hensley.com)
include signed CDs and a free bonus "The Last Dance" t-shirt.
- John Lawton will be a guest on Moonstone, the new project of Italian
guitarist Matteo Filippini. The musical direction of the project is being
described as "genuine British-oriented '70s classic rock", and their album
- "Time To Take A Stand" - is scheduled for release in early 2005. More
(thanks to Jay Pearson).
- Another hint on a Heep-sounding band: Lucifer Was, a Swedish hard prog
band, especially on the album "Blues From Hellah". Except from a Captain
Beyond's cover ("Amworth" from their debut album), the songs are all
originals. The singer has reportedly a David Byron/Ken Hensley feel and
the music can be describe as a mix between Uriah Heep/Rough Diamond and
old Jethro Tull (because of their bluesy style and the use of the flute).
(thanks to Hubert Allusson for the tip).