Sign up here to
receive E-Heep in your
- Upcoming Uriah Heep live dates!
Nov 24 - Motorpark (with Alice Cooper), Alaharma, Finland
Nov 25 - Jaahalli Helsinki Icehall (with Alice Cooper), Helsinki, Finland
Nov 26 - Teatria (with Alice Cooper), Oulu, Finland
Nov 28 - Olympen (with Alice Cooper), Lund , Sweden
Nov 29 - Ballerup Superarena (with Alice Cooper), Copenhagen, Denmark
Dec 3 - Meyer Music Hall, Braunschweig, Germany
Dec 4 - Brückenforum, Bonn, Germany
Dec 6 - Alter Schlachthof, Dresden, Germany
Dec 7 - Halle Gartlage, Osnabrück, Germany
Dec 8 - Kreuz, Fulda, Germany
Dec 9 - Matrix, Bochum, Germany
Dec 10 - Getaway, Solingen, Germany
Dec 12 - Colos-Saal, Aschaffenburg, Germany
Dec 13 - Spectrum, Augsburg, Germany
Dec 14 - Salier Halle, Winterbach, Germany
Dec 15 - Lokhalle, Losheim, Germany
Dec 16 - Z7, Pratteln, Switzerland
All details, tickets info, phone numbers:
- Some of the best ever live Uriah Heep photos are available here:
, thanks to the superb work by Dima Brickman.
- From the stage and at the backstage, new Mick Box's own pics included at
- In January 2008, Uriah Heep will once again perform in Holland. For the
first gig of January
18th a pre-show party is scheduled. We like to meet you from 17.00 on at
Café The Barbier, just
around the corner from the venue. Check the area out here:
(pictures by Hilco Arendshorst). Let's meet and who knows greet! No extra
fun. Also, you might win 2 tickets for the gig; you just need to answer
this question: "What is
the name of the new Uriah Heep drummer?". Bear in mind that no spelling
errors will be
accepted! A simple question, but we want to promote the band with R....
ops! ;-) The
answers need to be sent to
, and on January 1st we will proceed with the
draw. The winner can return his tickets in case he bought them in advance.
- A brand new feature at Heep.com: the Heep-related news! Click here to
follow up with
what has been posted in various sites around the world about the band:
. You can also contribute by sending news in to
), and we'll post them! Be sure to give us the URL where you found
it at so we can link out to it from the site.
- A report on Heep's September 30th gig in Sibiu, Romania:
4885 , as well as a mention about the
October 16th gig in Bucharest, Romania:
4914 (thanks to Jay Pearson).
- Also, a blast from the past: a review on Heep's 2004 show in Carlisle,
(thanks to Graham Hulme).
- Heep's debut, " Very 'Eavy... Very ' Umble", is on the Top 100 prepared
by Holland's own Arrow Rock Radio:
emid=101 (check #68). In addition, the
Arrow Rock Top 500 songs features some Heep ones:
emid=114 . "July Morning" is at #48, "Easy
Livin'" is at #58, "Gypsy" is at #166, "Look at Yourself" is at #179,
"Lady in Black" is at #225, and "Return to Fantasy" is at #319.
- Let's vote for Heep to have one of their album covers chosen as the best
ever! Just follow this
, scroll down till you find the "Demons And
Wizards" cover, click on "6 points", and the proceed scrolling down till
you find the "Send
dine stemmer!" button, and voilà, just click it! Let's concentrate on one
cover, so Heep will
have more chances of reaching the top! Thanks to Egil Bokn for the info.
- Vote for Heep! Help the Dutch again to get the band high in the charts.
We know that it makes a
difference if we get the international help from the Heepsters. It is
important for the band as
these three radio and TV broadcasters are the biggest 3 in the Netherlands.
Millions do listen or watch to these top 1000, 2000, etc., very very
1. City FM Classic Radio -> go to
choose your top 10. Let's place "Easy Livin'" on top.
2. Radio 2 ->
, select the 6 Heep songs and proceed by clicking on 'VERDER', on the last
page please fill out
your details (no spam will follow) , keep clicking on 'VERDER'. That’s it.
, select A-Z artists, then select "Easy Livin'" + 9 others. Fill out your
details and click on 'VERSTUUR' = 'SEND'.
- Thanks to the invaluable efforts of our friend Konstantinos Takos, over
the last weeks we have
added lots of historical gig dates to our Heep.com records! We just got
entries from 1976,
1977 and 1974… including which was most likely Gary Thain’s last one! Also
plenty of dates from
the very beginning, still as Spice! Check them out here:
- The video contest at uriah-heep.com has been extended one more month in
order to allow you
more time to get your videos together! See the current entries and contest
. You now have until November 30th to get your video(s) ready and entered.
Voting will begin December 1st, at
- Trivia time! Check a Heep mention on this article:
MORE HEEP... AND RELATED!
- Heepvention 2008 update!
The entertainment acts for the HV08 in Spain are growing rapidly. We now
have apart from John
Lawton, Paul Newton and Ken Hensley, also Lee Kerslake attending as well
as "Circle of Hands"
(German heep cover band), and many more are in negotiation right now. Big
efforts are currently
being made in trying to make this a memorable event. The Heepsters Jam
Band seems to grow as well, BUT.... everybody who signed up to take part
has to book their tickets, in order to be considered for the line-up &
songs. The website (
) has been updated with the latest news and there is now a "call for songs"
to be played at the Heepvention. See the "Help Us choose the songs we'll
play at Heepvention 2008!" link at the website right side
bar. There are now 26 Heepsters signed up to be in the Heepsters Jam Band.
Check out the
Heepvention website for all the details and
to see the musicians. Also, would everyone who has booked tickets so far,
please book their hotels too, as hotel rooms are limited in the nearest
hotels... although negotiations are being held with some more hotels a
little further a field, which will not include the transfer though... and
suitable for people with own transport or hire cars. Tickets are 60 Euros
for 2 nights
entertainment and snacks (including meet and greet the day before). Hotel
rooms are 52 Euros
per double room and include breakfast and transfer to and from the venue.
regarding tickets and hotels, can be found on
** Paul Newton invites for the event:
** Ken Hensley invites for HV08:
** Feature on Classic Rock magazine:
- sHeepmarket 2007 was a huge success! All details, reports and pics can
be found here:
. Check out as well some fun with Lee Kerslake and John Lawton:
- A recent issue of Classic Rock Magazine included a feature on David
Bowie, with a
significant and very interesting interview with Trevor Bolder, check it
. Thanks to Graham Hulme for the scans.
- The special limited edition of the "Blood On The Highway" boxset
including several very special items, is now available at
http://www.ken-hensley.com , click on "CD
Store" for ordering! A recent interview with Ken Hensley just published:
(thanks to Jay "DeepHeep" Pearson).
- Some videoclips showing both Ken Hensley and John Lawton, plus the Live
Fire band, playing
recently live in Kiev, Ukraine, are available here:
- On December 29th (Saturday), John Lawton & the Heep tribute band Firefly
will headline the Rock Im Johannland festival, at the Sporthalle in
Netphen-Hainchen, Germany. More details at
http://www.johannland-live.de . Thanks to
Jürgen Hövelmann for the info.
- A nice interview with John Wetton at Classic Rock Revisited:
. Also, the staff of CRR is going to do a feature soon on the best live
albums ever, and you can participate. Send an email to
and put BEST LIVE ALBUMS in the subject. Tell them your favorite albums in
the order that you love them. Best first!! You can list your Top 5, Top 10
or Top 50.... Just be sure to participate. Do anyone need to be reminded
about which choices have to be included? Just in case: "Uriah Heep Live
1973", "Live In Europe 1979", "Future Echoes Of The Past", and so on...
- Recently, the "Reading Festival - Music, Mud and Mayhem: The Official
History" book, by Ian
Carroll, was released. More details here:
- Check out the Hoochie Coochie Men featuring Bob Daisley on bass:
- Alex Falcone reports that Doogie White (Praying Mantis, Rainbow, Yngwie
Malmsteen) has finished the vocal tracks on the song called "Racing with
the Spirits", which features our own Dave White on guitar. The album is
called "Aphasia". For more information, visit Alex's s websites at
- Heepstermusic.com is going to host and allow anyone and everyone who
wants to to send in MP3
files of any of their music whether it's Heep Related or not. The material
will be hosted and
catalogued and will be offered for the public at
http://www.heepstermusic.com. Songs you
written and recorded are fine as well as Heep covers. Files can be up to
15MB in size, and
must be MP3 format. No limit to the quantity of songs you can send in.
Please send the following
1) The person's name or band's name
2) The song (MP3) and song title
3) An e-mail address so people can write to you
4) Any descriptive text you wish
- A new Heep cover (specifically "Rainbow Demon") by Josh Appletree and
Englund on guitar, can be heard here:
http://www.subrock.se/ (thanks to Filip
- The Subrock Song Contest 2007 will include 3 contests: 1) Best Subrock
band; 2) Best original
Subrock song; and 3) Best Subrock Heep Cover! Click here to participate:
(thanks to Filip Björner).
- How did Trevor Bolder become a Spider From Mars... from
. Trevor Bolder: "I went down to London with Mick and
Woody, but I didn't think I was going to be playing on the record. I
assumed David was going
to use Herbie Flowers on bass. We traveled down on the Sunday, and David
had a radio show booked for the Monday. He told me he wanted me to play in
the band, so I had to learn the entire set of songs overnight!".
- Interested about John Lawton's work with the Les Humphries Singers?
Check this site out:
. Thanks to Rocky Lea.